We are currently seeking a Transport Coordinator to look after the logistics function of our busy Inverness warehouse. The Transport Coordinator will arrange bulk deliveries, plan delivery routes, ensure all vehicles are serviced regularly and carry out tacho checks whilst offering support as and when required to the wider warehouse operation.
• Plan and organise customer deliveries to make the most efficient use of our vehicles and drivers.
• Liaise with all relevant departments to ensure bulk goods are delivered to site on agreed date and time.
• Carry out driver Tacho checks in accordance with the regulations and handle any issues arising in an efficient and effective manner.
• Arrange all servicing and maintenance of company vehicles as per servicing schedules, ensuring that there are always enough vehicles available for daily operations.
• Liaise with other MIS branches to ensure swift delivery of Warehouse Transfers.
• Identify key areas for improvement and strive to make efficiency savings throughout the fleet operation.
• Recruit, train and retain staff in accordance with company procedures.
• Ensure probationary reviews are completed and training needs identified.
• Manage holiday requests and driver schedules, ensuring there is always an adequate level of staff.
• Carry out appraisals and training needs analysis for each team member.
• Carry out return to work interviews and absence meetings when required.
• Process weekly timesheets making sure all hours are logged correctly and any overtime is approved.
• Ensure that staff are aware of and are following company processes and procedures.
• Assist with performance management and training requirements of team and deal with any performance issues as they arise.
• Provide support to other team members as and when required within the full warehouse operation.
• Report and record any Health & Safety issues and near misses.
Skills and Experience
• Able to demonstrate significant experience in a similar role.
• Excellent people management skills, with experience of motivating staff to work to their full potential.
• The ability to supervise staff members and make decisions relevant to the successful outcome and conclusion of the distribution processes.
• An investigative nature to question if something does not appear to be correct.
• Confident decision-making ability.
• Good customer service skills (internal & external customers).
• Good organisational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Must hold a full and valid UK driving license.
• Monday to Friday (Saturdays on Rota if specified)
• Employee discount
• Cycle to work scheme
• Pension Scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus, based on company performance
• Extra holidays (after one year)
- Job type