Showroom Counter Assistant
We are currently seeking a Counter Assistant to assist with the day-to-day running of our busy showroom. The role will involve dealing with customer enquiries, processing sales, stock replenishment and the general upkeep of the showroom.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Communicate effectively with customers, internally & externally.
• Provide a welcoming and friendly environment for customers.
• Resolve customer queries and complaints in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Carry out counter sales and complete customer orders.
• Provide support for other trade counters as required.
• Assist with showroom security.
• Display product ranges and equipment.
• Where applicable, arrange PDIs (pre-delivery inspection) for equipment sold.
• Work on electronic point of sale system.
• Replenish showroom shelves, create daily pick-lists and retain high shop-keeping standards.
• Ensure customers are charged correctly through maintaining accurate shelf edge labels.
• Maintain cleanliness and presentation levels in the showroom.
• Careful product handing, storing and security of stock.
• Ensure all delivery notes are checked against deliveries and discrepancies reported.
Skills and Experience
• Must be able to demonstrate direct customer sales experience.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Anticipate and appreciate customer needs, build relationships to help negotiate future sales and promote account uptake.
• Capable of working on your own and make successful decisions contributing to a sale.
• Accredited Living Wage Employer
• Pension Scheme
• Death in Service Scheme
• Monday to Friday (Saturdays on Rota if specified)
• Employee discount
• Discretionary annual bonus, based on company performance
• Extra holiday after one year
- Job type