Quality & Health & Safety Advisor
£28,000 - £30,000
We are recruiting a Quality and Health & Safety Advisor to support our growing business. The successful candidate will have experience in Health and Safety processes and procedures and be able to apply their knowledge across our six branches. Knowledge of Quality procedures will also be required and experience of undertaking the necessary audits will be an advantage. We will also require the Advisor to provide relevant training across the business.
To ensure that MacGregor Industrial Supplies complies with all Health & Safety, Quality and Environment regulations.
• Responsible for maintaining the relevant ISO accreditations; developing, implementing, reviewing and updating ISO manuals to support the accreditations.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining all manuals, processes, procedures and safe working practices regarding Quality and Health and Safety matters.
• Communicate with all MIS employees to keep them informed of all Quality and Health and Safety procedures and processes.
• Responsible for the reporting of workplace accidents and undertaking thorough investigations into near misses and accidents that occur.
• Assist colleagues in the completion of customer/supplier questionnaires and audits.
• Responsible for planning the programme of required internal audits, and prioritising workload to ensure agreed timescales are met.
• Engage with all departments and branches to gain a clear understanding of the business requirements.
• Coordinate meetings with Fire Marshalls, Environment champions and First Aiders, ensuring that they are all aware of their duties.
• Ensure Fire Marshalls and First Aiders have up to date training and keep a record of certificates.
• Prepare and distribute the Health and Safety Action Plan.
• Prepare and distribute the Environmental Action Plan.
• Review and update the Evacuation Plan and the Business Continuity Plan.
• Implement an inspection programme for Fire Extinguishers, Warehouse and Showroom steps, etc.
• Ensure PAT Testing is undertaken on all relevant electrical equipment.
• Regularly conduct internal and external premises checks, noting any Health & Safety anomalies and taking action to resolve issues.
Skills and Experience
• NEBOSH, NVQ or NCRQ Qualification preferred but not essential.
• Ability to influence others to ensure Quality and Health and Safety processes and standards are being adhered to.
• Good customer service skills when dealing with customers and colleagues.
• Knowledge of relevant Quality and Health and Safety regulations and processes.
• Understands the importance of data accuracy.
• Computer literate and able communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions relevant to the successful outcome and conclusion of the processes.
• Ability to respond positively to new challenges and change.
• The role will require occasional travel to other sites and therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
• Accredited Living Wage Employer
• Pension scheme
• Employee discount
• Discretionary annual bonus
• Extra holidays (after one year)
- Job type