Plant Maintenance Engineer/Technician
We are currently seeking a skilled technician to join our busy servicing and hire department. The successful candidate will be able to service, diagnose and repair all types of plant and ground care equipment.
• Equipment pre-delivery inspections completed.
• Equipment service, diagnosis, repair and/or test completed as scheduled to departmental and Company standards.
• Auto mower installations and repairs.
• Continue to meet performance targets.
• Diagnose faults and diligently undertake all core and other trade works, as instructed, ensuring that the quality of work meets the highest standards and that targets are achieved.
• Cost up customers repair for parts and labour to be included in admin quotes.
• Ensure general workshop tidiness.
• Maintain tools, plant, and equipment while ensuring general workshop tidiness.
• Ensure the general security of tools, plant, and equipment and of workshop areas.
• Set up and operate equipment following manufacturers’ guidelines and/or procedures.
• Carry out precision measuring/testing of equipment following clear set procedures.
• Provide standard guidance and advice to apprentices through on-the-job training.
• Maintain accurate records of works undertaken including job tickets and timesheets and other required paperwork.
• Responsible for any assigned vehicle's maintenance checks on a daily basis, reporting defects or similar to the line manager as soon as possible where applicable.
• Must be available and responsible for emergency calls during working hours for any work as instructed.
Skills and Experience
• Vocational qualification, e.g., HND/HNC, City & Guilds and/or SVQ Level 3 in relevant subject (or equivalent).
• Diesel generator and air compressor experience.
• Pressure washer experience would be an advantage.
• Good mechanical and technical knowledge and understanding.
• Have a current valid driving licence.
• Working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, and processes.
• Good understanding of relevant regulations and procedures including Health and Safety requirements.
• The ability to work on their own and make decisions relevant to the successful outcome and conclusion of the equipment servicing, repair, and test processes.
• Be I.T. literate and have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to respond positively to new challenges and change.
• Accredited Living Wage Employer
• Employee discount
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus, based on company performance
• Extra holidays (after 1 year)
- Job type