External Sales Representative
We are currently seeking an External Sales Representative for our Construction Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing sales by identifying prospective customers, following up on potential sales leads and supplying day to day consumables to builders and civil contractors.
• All sales activities within the core product(s) ranges to assigned accounts and/or areas.
• Manage and maintain consistency of product and services to the customer.
• Presenting and the sale of company products and services to current and potential clients including the preparation, submission and progression of quotations.
• Progression of outstanding accounts as advised.
• Following up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Securing new business from new customers.
• Responsible for the delivery of profitable growth including margins and sales growth.
• Meeting performance targets when applied.
• Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales.
• Gaining clear understanding of customers’ business and requirements.
• Representing MIS at trade shows, events and demonstrations.
• Gathering market intelligence.
• Identify sales prospects and contact these and other assigned accounts.
• Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
• Keep customer database up to date.
• Developing and maintaining sales materials and current product knowledge.
• Identify and resolve client concerns.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate members of the team.
• Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close the sale.
• Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
• Ensure allocated vehicles and equipment is maintained in a safe, serviceable, and secure condition.
Skills & Experience
• Able to demonstrate direct customer sales experience.
• Construction sales experience preferred, not essential.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Familiar with preparing customer quotations and sales transactions.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (training will be provided for company specific systems)
• Ability to work within and contribute to a team but also work independently on own.
• Ability to respond positively to new challenges and change.
• Must have a valid UK driving license with no more than 6 points.
• Monday to Friday
• Pension Scheme
• Death in Service Scheme
• Employee discount
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus, based on company performance
• Extra holidays after one year
- Job type