Purchase Ledger Assistant - Maternity Cover Full/Part Time Hours
Possibility of successful candidate being retained within the business at the end of fixed term contract
• Internally: Daily contact by telephone or in person, with other team members and work colleagues from other departments and branches.
• Externally: Daily contact with suppliers in by telephone and e-mail.
• Process supplier credit applications requests from different departments.
• Print and ensure all invoices once printed are scanned.
• Check /posting invoices with accuracy (with exclusion of expenditure invoices) for payment, including matching up invoices with our purchase orders and liaising with the relevant department(s) within the business.
• Ensure all invoices are correctly calculated (including VAT) and meet the standard set out in purchase ledger procedures.
• Proforma invoices payments.
• Statements reconciliations.
• Archiving of invoices.
• Contribute to the efficiency of the department through effect teamwork.
• Perform any other duties with the Finance department as may be required from time to time.
• Adhere to quality processes and procedures.
*May be required to carry out other tasks related to the role.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The following skills will be an advantage, however, on the job training will be provided:
• Sound organisational and administrative skills, including managing time effectively.
• The ability to deal confidently with people with clear and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Good numeracy skills, IT literacy and experience of Microsoft packages.
• Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated.
• Ability to prioritise and multitask.
• Responsible and reliable with a flexible attitude.
• Previous accounting experience
• Good customer service skills when dealing with customers and colleagues.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions relevant to the successful outcome and conclusion of the processes.
• Ability to respond positively to new challenges and change.
- Job type