Payroll and Finance Assistant
We are currently seeking a Payroll & Finance Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will ensure monthly payroll is administered accurately and efficiently and will assist the finance department with the day to day processing of transactions. This role can be full or part time from 25 hours+.
• Review and import weekly timesheets.
• Monitor and administer the correct employee sick pay to Payroll.
• Monitor New Starts and Leavers records.
• Prepare and send all payroll adjustments to our HR & Payroll System (ADP).
• Liaise with ADP and HR regarding all aspects of Payroll.
• Review draft payslips and amend any errors quickly and efficiently.
• Supporting internal and external enquires and requests related to Payroll.
• Process company Pension joiners and month end payments.
• Produce monthly Payroll Reports
• Prepare Monthly Journal
• Responding to customer queries by telephone, email and occasionally face-to-face, and liaising with internal departments to resolve.
• Taking card payments over the phone.
• Posting payments to customer accounts and maintaining and balancing payment reports.
• Requesting and applying remittance advice.
• Reconciling customer accounts and resolving unapplied cash.
• Data entry of adjustments and corrections.
• Posting daily tills for all six branches and liaising with branches regarding queries relating to tills.
• Reconciling tills and ensuring they balance on CSD.
• Cash up Inverness tills.
• Be aware and comply with GDPR and company policies.
Skills and Experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
• Previous experience in payroll administration is essential.
• Knowledge of ADP Payroll would be an advantage.
• The ability to deal confidently with people with clear and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Must have a very high attention to detail and understand the need for data accuracy.
• Organisational, time management and communication skills are required.
• A good understanding of Microsoft office i.e. Excel.
• Ability to respond positively to new challenges.
• Ability to work alone under own initiative and within a team.
• Responsible and reliable with a flexible attitude.
• Monday to Friday
• Pension Scheme
• Death in Service Scheme
• Employee Discount Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus, based on company performance
• Extra holiday after one year
- Job type